Programme Annual Event – 20 June 2017
Here you can find the preliminary programme outline, as well as more background information on the speakers and details for the Freshfel Statutory AGM.
9:00 – 10:00 – Freshfel Statutory AGM
The statutory AGM is a closed session for Freshfel members & associated members only.
10:00 – 10:30 – Welcome coffee and registration for the Annual Event
10:30 – 12:30 Morning session with:
- Setting the scene by PROFEL & Freshfel
- Building the future on a changing policy environment – policy speaker (TBC)
- Building the future on a changing market environment – Prof. David Hughes (Imperial College)
- Building the future on a changing communication environment – Daniel Fritz (EUinsight)
12:30 – 14:00 Networking Lunch
14:00 – 16:00 Afternoon session with:
- Growing on a strong political impetus – Round table with policy makers (TBC)
- Growing market segments – Andreas Schneider / Matthias Rohra (VEBU – German Vegetarian Union)
- Growing on sustainable assets – Ludovica Principato (Barilla Foundation)
- Growing on industry commitment – joint declaration by PROFEL & Freshfel
More details about the programme will be updated here as soon as possible. More information about the confirmed speakers can be found in the next tab as well.
Confirmed speakers include:
Prof. David Hughes
- “Around the world, David speaks to senior agribusiness and food industry managers about global food industry developments that are and will affect their businesses and industry. Energetic, engaging, humorous and insightful, David gains the very highest evaluations at seminars, conferences and Board level discussions in every continent he visits”.
- More information via @ProfDavidHughes and www.profdavidhughes.com
- Daniel is a Digital Communications & Data Analytics Consultant working at European Commission & his own company #EUinsight. Freshfel members might still remember Daniel from his presentation at the Annual Event two years ago on how to optimize Twitter for the fruit and vegetable sector. Daniel is a digital communications specialist, constantly working on quantifying and optimising digital communication through evidence-based strategy.
- More information via: @DanielFritz or via www.linkedin.com/in/danielfritz or via EUinsight.
VEBU – the German Vegetarian Union
- VEBU is the biggest interest representation for vegetarian and vegan life in Germany. Since 1892 the organisation is working towards reducing meat consumption and to promote plant-based lifestyles as healthy alternatives to people through positive messages and facts and figures.
- More information can be found via: @Vegetarierbund or via VEBU.de.
More details about the programme will be updated here as soon as possible.
Freshfel Statutory AGM – 20 June 2017 from 9:00 – 10:00
Freshfel Europe members and associated members are invited to attend the 2017 Statutory Annual General Meeting of the Association.
The meeting will take place in Brussels on Tuesday 20 June 2017 from 9:00 until 10:00 at the Thon Hotel EU. The details regarding the agenda should have been circulated to you by mail. In case you have not received anything yet, and you are a Freshfel member or associated member and would like to participate, get in touch with Daphne.