About Freshfel Membership
Freshfel Europe not only incorporates around 200 companies and national associations of producers, importers, shippers and exporters, distributors, wholesalers, retailers and their service providers such as logistics and reefer transportation, but also seed companies and crop protection companies. Members and associated Members are both from within the EU and in countries with an interest in the European fruit and vegetables market. The membership of Freshfel Europe is today well balanced between its various membership categories and members’ focus. This guarantees a good balance of interests and a wide diversity of experience available to the association.
Besides granting to the Association the strength of their support and their professional input, Freshfel’s members benefit from a wide range of services and advantages. These benefits enable them to get a better grip on the many challenges that face today’s fruit and vegetables sector. Among other advantages, members benefit from:
- the ability to exchange views and develop common positions with counterparts engaged in similar activities
- the ability to influence the European decision-making process and to attend a number of consultative and advisory meetings mainly with the European Commission and European Parliament
- the networking opportunities offered by an association with an international dimension
- the ability to strengthen the fruit and vegetables sector on the international trade scene and vis-à-vis competing sectors
- the ability to obtain support in accessing and understanding EU legislation
- preferential access to a number of meetings, conferences and congresses
- immediate access to regular information regarding legislative and sector developments
- the access to key statistical data about production, trade and consumption developments and trends
- the services of a multilingual Brussels-based Secretariat for answers to questions relating to the fruit and vegetables supply chain
Interested in membership? Find here the application form here or look at the Freshfel presentation or brochure attached below. If you would still like to get some more information, you are more than welcome to get in contact with the Secretariat.