This privacy statement explains the reason for the processing, the way FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL collects, handles and ensures protection of all personal data provided, how that information is used and what rights you may exercise in relation to your data (e.g. the right to access, rectify, or block your personal data). FRSHFEL EUROPE AISBL is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1/ Why do we process your data?
FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL will process any personal data it would receive in the context of its professional relationship with any third party in full compliance with EU and Belgian applicable legislation, i.e. the Belgian Privacy Act (Act of 8 December on the protection in relation to the processing of personal data) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/79).
FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL will only collect personal data which is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose for which the personal data have been collected.
FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL will not keep personal data any longer than is necessary for achieving the purposes for which the personal data have been collected or obtained, except if it is obliged to do so by law and/or professional rules of conduct.
2/ Which data do we collect and process?
The personal data collected and further processed are:
- Name and surname;
- Organisation name and country;
- Company address;
- E-mail address;
- telephone number;
- Postal address
As FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL is the organiser of meetings taking place inside the EU institutions. For security purpose of these EU institutions, FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL also processes information from participants including date of birth, nationality, and ID/passport numbers and their expiry date.
3/ How long do we keep your data?
FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing. Personal data are kept as long as follow-up actions to the meeting are necessary with regards to the purpose(s) of the processing of personal data as well as for the meeting and its related management.
If data subjects do not agree with this, they may contact the Data Controller(s) by using the contact information as mentioned in Point 7 below.
4/ How do we protect your data?
FREHSFEL EUROPE AISBL uses up-to-date IT procedures to keep personal data safe and secure. All data in electronic format (e-mails, documents, uploaded batches of data etc.) are stored on the server of the contractor EASI on the FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL premises. As such, these EASI servers are based in the EU, and EASI is GDPR compliant. The contractor EASI is bound by a specific contractual clause for any processing operations of your data.
5/ Who has access to your data and to whom is it disclosed?
a) In the context of meetings organized by FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL, your data is accessible to:
- FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL’s Secretariat staff;
- FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL’s President;
- FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL’s Board Members;
- FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL’s Members;
b) Staff in the EU institutions have access to your data to organize meetings in their premises. In the context of these meetings your personal data is accessible to:
- Correspondents of a third party who provide the names and personal data of the experts attending to the meeting representing their organisation. This information is needed for access control purpose by security guards to Institutions’ premises. This data will be also visible to the staff of the Service assigned to this specific meeting.
- Experts themselves while attending a meeting together with other experts representing the same invited organisation will be able to see each other’s name and surname.
- Correspondents and experts have access to the name and surname of the meeting assistant/organiser that had invited them to the meeting to allow confirmation of attendance.
- Institutions’ users will have access only to the personal data of the correspondents and experts related to the meeting they have assigned to manage.
- Technical staff or IT service provider at the institutions will have access to the system data to solve eventual technical issues.
c) In case of litigation your data is accessible to:
- IDOC, OLAF, EDPS, Court of Auditors on a case-by-case base.
d) The transfers of personal data to countries outside of EU/EEA is not foreseen.
6/ What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You are entitled to access your personal data and rectify and/or block it in case the data is inaccurate or incomplete. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can exercise your rights by contacting the data controller(s), and if necessary the European Data Protection Supervisor using the contact information given at point 7 below.
7/ Contact information
If you have comments or questions, any concerns or a complaint regarding the collection and use of your personal data, please feel free to contact:
FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL’s General Delegate Philippe Binard at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or per phone +32 (0)2 777.15.80
FRESHFEL EUROPE AISBL’s Data Controller Nicola Pisano at:
email@example.com or per phone +32 (0)2 777.15.80
European Data Protection Supervisor at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or per phone +32 (0) 22 83 19 00.