Freshfel Europe, the European fresh produce association, is hereby sharing its position paper on the organic farming reform. While the Commission proposal contains many good elements such as a move to a better level playing field across Europe and an elimination of many current exceptions, several elements are not workable for the fruit and vegetable sector and should therefore be improved. This concerns in particular the proposed introduction of a very strict Maximum Residue Level (MRL) only for organic products beyond which they would automatically be declassified, and the obligation to convert farm holdings 100% to organic agriculture or lose the organic certification. The full position paper can be downloaded here.
- Freshfel Europe and Aprifel’s ‘Follow me to be Healthy with Europe’ campaign reaches over 1,000 Twitter followers who are joining the campaign’s #400gChallenge 14/10/2019
- Freshfel Headlines 5 – 2019 02/10/2019
- Fresh Times 4 – 2019 30/08/2019
- Freshfel Headlines 4 – 2019 31/07/2019
- Freshfel Europe offers solutions to urgently tackle SPS barriers to third country markets for European fruit and vegetable exports at European Commission meeting 30/07/2019