Freshfel Europe, the European fresh produce association, is hereby sharing its position paper on the organic farming reform. While the Commission proposal contains many good elements such as a move to a better level playing field across Europe and an elimination of many current exceptions, several elements are not workable for the fruit and vegetable sector and should therefore be improved. This concerns in particular the proposed introduction of a very strict Maximum Residue Level (MRL) only for organic products beyond which they would automatically be declassified, and the obligation to convert farm holdings 100% to organic agriculture or lose the organic certification. The full position paper can be downloaded here.
- Fresh Times Edition 2 – 2020 08/05/2020
- Freshfel Europe releases COVID-19 Impact Assessment for EU fresh fruit & vegetable sector 06/05/2020
- EU fresh fruit & vegetable sector urgently requires additional financial assistance & flexibility in CAP tools to avoid food supply crisis 17/04/2020
- Freshfel Europe concerned over increasing financial burden and long-term stability of European fresh fruit and vegetable supply 08/04/2020
- Freshfel Europe Headlines 2 – 2020 31/03/2020