Our mission is to create a favourable environment for the fresh fruit and vegetables sector, to facilitate the competitiveness of fresh produce, to improve the efficiency of the supply chain, to assist operators complying with the highest food and plant safety rules, to enhance the position of fresh fruit and vegetables in international trade as well as in research and innovation, and to secure a favourable environment to promote the benefits of fresh produce, with the ultimate goal of stimulating the consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables. As a representative of the complete supply chain, we strive for a competitive business environment, for a good coordination, transparency, and exchange among all the relevant stakeholders, and to secure that the sector adheres to the highest quality to satisfy the consumers.
- So far ‘worst case scenario’ avoided but Brexit impact on fresh produce sector mounting with extra costs totalling €55 million 20/01/2021
- Freshfel Europe urges Trade Commissioner for swift solutions to secure EU fresh produce exports to India without unnecessary red tape resulting from the new Indian Order on non-GM certification 19/01/2021
- 2020 Freshfel Europe Consumption Monitor shows strong positive 4% increase in EU fresh fruit and vegetable consumption 11/01/2021
- Freshfel Europe launches #SpeakUp4FruitVeg campaign for 2021 International Year of Fruits and Vegetables 05/01/2021
- Freshfel Europe calls for urgent need to ensure free movement of essential goods to & from the UK in crucial Christmas pre-Brexit period 21/12/2020