29 July 2015
TRADE POLICY ADVISOR
Freshfel Europe seeks a Trade Policy Advisor to join a highly motivated and dynamic Brussels-based secretariat. Freshfel Europe is the European Fresh Produce Association, representing the interests of fresh fruits and vegetables supply chain in Europe and beyond. Freshfel Europe, based in Brussels, currently has over 200 members, including both companies and associations. More information can be found via www.freshfel.org
- Oversee EU trade policy with relevance to fruit and vegetables and formulate, present and defend the association’s positions on various dossiers on EU international trade, EU customs policy and related agriculture policy matters.
- Monitoring and summarising EU legislation, analysing industry trends, compiling background information on sector developments and perform statistical analysis of market developments and trade.
- Contribute to the association’s communication activities, including: newsletter editing, social media, event management, public and media relations.
- University-level education, preferably in economics or international relations
- Professional experience related to the profile will be considered an asset
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions and their legislative decision-making processes
- Preference will be given to German and/or English native and near-native speakers. Other languages would be an asset
- Excellent computer literacy skills (MS Office, social media, CMS)
- Strong writing, interpretive and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and PR skills for external contacts
- Very good organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Dynamic, creative and able to work in a small team
- Position in an exciting international environment, in a small but positive and active team.
- Salary in line with experience and qualifications.
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your CV with an accompanying motivation letter, before 15 August 2015 with the reference ‘Trade Policy Advisor Candidate’ to email@example.com.
CVs and motivation letters will only be considered if sent in English. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.