Freshfel Europe is the European Fresh Produce Association, representing the interests of the fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain in Europe. It is the single representative association of the sector at EU level. Freshfel Europe is a membership association, where its members and associated members are national associations, organisations and companies with an interest in the European fresh fruit and vegetable sector. Freshfel Europe’s members are from across Europe and along the whole supply chain from producers to wholesalers, traders, logistics providers and retailers.
The Association is in continuous contact with its members and the European institutions, ensuring that the fruit and vegetable sector and its interests are well represented. Alongside policy and decision-making, Freshfel Europe works to stimulate the supply of healthy and delicious products, which comply with the highest quality, safety, environmental and social requirements to the benefit of consumers. Freshfel Europe is currently involved in a digital first pan-European promotion and information campaign ‘Follow me to be healthy with Europe’, which raises awareness of the health benefits of eating at least 400g of fruits and vegetables per day among 18-30 year olds in partnership with Aprifel in France, co-funded by the European Commission. More information about Freshfel Europe can be found here.
Freshfel Europe is looking for a Project and Data Management Assistant to support the Freshfel Europe Secretariat’s coordination of its pan-European campaign as well as to assist in data management and daily administrative tasks.
The Project and Data Management Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Management and coordination of the ‘Follow-me to be healthy with Europe’ campaign:
- Coordination with several EU partners, stakeholders and the European Commission
- Daily follow-up of project developments
- Preparation of yearly technical and financial reporting.
- Mapping of and applying for further promotion and research opportunities.
- Maintenance of the database systems and BI-tool (QlikView/QlikSense).
- Monthly collection and analysis of business data and trade flows.
- Drafting reports on business developments in the fruit and vegetable sector.
- Building new data collection templates and rethinking data management systems.
- Conference organisation and logistics.
- Website maintenance.
- Support the Freshfel Europe team in daily administration tasks.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- University-level education, preferably related to project management, public administration or economics.
- Exemplary organisational skills, particularly in meeting deadlines, attention to detail and multitasking.
- Experience in project management is an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage (ideally French, Dutch).
- Experience in event organisation.
- High level of computer literacy, especially MS Office and CMS. Literacy in Excel and Access is a strong asset.
- Dynamic, creative, flexible and able to work in a small multinational team.
- Position in an exciting international environment in a small, positive and active team based in Brussels.
- Salary in line with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please send your CV with an accompanying one-page letter of motivation by 28 February 2020 midnight to Freshfel Europe’s General Delegate, Mr Philippe Binard, at email@example.com. Please put in the subject line “Project and Data Management Assistant Application” followed by your name. CVs and motivation letters will only be considered if sent in English. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All applicants must be able to legally work in Belgium. Immediate availability will be considered an asset. For all questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.