Freshfel Europe is the European Fresh Produce Association, representing the interests of fresh fruits and vegetables supply chain in Europe. Freshfel Europe is currently involved in several research projects under the Horizon 2020 framework. In this context, Freshfel Europe seeks to recruit a Project Manager to join a highly motivated and dynamic Brussels-based secretariat. More information about Freshfel Europe can be found via www.freshfel.org
The tasks of the position will be as follows:
- In close coordination with the secretariat of the association, take responsibility to ensure that the association delivers its expected commitments and that the deliverables of the projects are submitted on-time, within agreed scope and budget.
- Coordinate relationship with other projects’ partners by acting as the central point of contact of the association. Engage with both public and private stakeholders as specified in the projects, while managing internal and external relationships.
- To secure good management and communication of projects by undertaking agreed dissemination actions, including organisation of events.
- Develop action plan to monitor and track progress and as appropriate manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation: write reports, manage the administration related to the projects, submit working and monitoring plans…
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- University-level education, preferably with a scientific background such as bio-engineering or specific studies relating to project management and administration.
- Experience in project management. Experience within the framework H2020 and European Innovation Partnership would be an asset.
- Solid organizational skills, particularly in meeting deadlines, attention to details and multi-tasking.
- Excellent ability to write and communicate in English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Experience in organising events.
- High level of competence in computer literacy skills (MS Office, project management software, social media, CMS).
- Solid stakeholder management and verbal communication skills.
- Dynamic, creative and able to work in a small team.
- Position in an exciting international environment and in a small, positive and active team
- Salary in line with experience and qualifications
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your CV with an accompanying letter of motivation, before 25 March 2016, to Freshfel’s General Delegate, Mr Philippe Binard, email@example.com. CVs and motivation letters will only be considered if sent in English. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Immediate availability will be an asset.