Freshfel Europe, the European fresh produce association, is hereby sharing its position paper on the organic farming reform. While the Commission proposal contains many good elements such as a move to a better level playing field across Europe and an elimination of many current exceptions, several elements are not workable for the fruit and vegetable sector and should therefore be improved. This concerns in particular the proposed introduction of a very strict Maximum Residue Level (MRL) only for organic products beyond which they would automatically be declassified, and the obligation to convert farm holdings 100% to organic agriculture or lose the organic certification. The full position paper can be downloaded here.
- Freshfel Headlines 5 – 2017 02/10/2017
- “Freshfel Europe – Part of the European Pavilion at Annapoorna World of Food India ” 15/09/2017
- Fresh Times 4 – 2017 30/08/2017
- Freshfel position paper on the Impact of Brexit on the EU Fruit and Vegetable Industry 07/08/2017
- Freshfel Headlines 4 – 2017 04/08/2017